Friday, September 21, 2012

Question 22: 30 days of submission

Can you feel submissive without a dominant partner? If so, how does your submission express itself? If not, how do you handle your submission or submissive feelings?


Speaking only for myself here, no, I would not feel submissive except in relation to another person who is more dominant.  I feel I have to be submissive to SOMEONE, not just submissive in general.  
I think dominance and submission are relative statuses, kind of like high and low.  Something is not just "low" in general.  It is low repsective to other items to which one compares it.  

The Great Wall of China may be high compared to other walls, but it is low compared to the height of the moon from the earth.  I feel the same about dominance and submission - they don't exist with out a relative comparison.  This probably comes from my animal behavior background, with animal pecking orders being my most common reference point.   To have a dominance hierarchy you need at least two animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...