Thursday, February 13, 2014

Service and Scones

We were supposed to go over to Mystique's tonight, me and the kids, and she expressed a desire for some of my homemade scones.   

This immediately kicked my good spirits up again.  I have purpose!  I serve!  I make scones!   I made them, then looked at the weather- still snowing.   We chatted and she thought since the roads were worrying me I ought to stay home.   

I never used to be this service oriented, but something has changed, obviously.  I got all dressed up, with nowhere to go, but at least I can take the scones over tomorrow. It better not be snowing then so we can go to the gym. 

Also, here is that scone recipe I promised:

Heat oven to 400.
2 c flour
1/3 c sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 Tbsp butter
1/2 c sour cream
1 egg
1 tsp lemon zest
cinnamon sugar

Mix the flour, sugar, salt, soda, b. powder.  Cut the butter in well with a pastry blender.  
Add sour cream and egg.  Stir and form into a ball.  You may need to add a dash of water to make it ball up.
Roll out to a 7-8" circle, about 3/4 " thick.   Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and cut into wedges like a pie.  At first I was doing 8 wedges, but decided I liked more smaller ones, so I do 12 now.  

Bake on a cookie sheet for 17 minutes. 

They are also really good with blueberries on top if you have them. 

2 comments:

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...