Thursday, January 29, 2015

Breakfast Slaving

After much mental struggle and a conversation with friends I'm getting it.

Not just doing it every day, but actually getting it in my head about being the breakfast slave every day, not just when he orders me to get up.  There is a difference being doing and really having my head on right about it though. 

I don't have to agonize about the decision to stay in bed or to get up and make breakfast anymore if he doesn't say anything to me about it.  I get up and make breakfast unless he orders otherwise.

The reason should be, if I were all altruistic and shit, because I love him and love serving him and he totally deserves a slave who eagerly makes breakfast for him. 

Quarter to six is just a tad before my true slaviness (tm) kicks in.

The reason is that if I don't get up I won't be able to go back to sleep anyway, I'll just lie there agonizing and being guilty, so I might as well just do it. 

Sometimes obvious things are not as obvious as they should be.  

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes its the guilt that makes us do the right thing. Maybe its not the right headspace, but its a good step!

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...