Saturday, September 26, 2015

Escaping Sheep

There are few things that get your heart and blood moving early in the morning like receiving a call from your neighbor saying "Your sheep are out in the road."

I threw on my clothes and boots, grabbed my little sheepdog, Sprite, and ran down there.   She made getting the flighty and spooked sheep gathered up and back in their field an easy task. Once they are off familiar grounds they act like they don't know who I am, except for good old Decker.

Without Sprite catching those sheep would  have been a near impossibility.  Five minutes later I was hauling a fallen tree away and heading back to the house for some supplies to fix the smashed down part of the fence.

I'm sure good old Decker led the escape because he is just that kind of sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...