Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day Was All About Cooking

Breakfast:
I cooked up a skillet of sausage, fried potatoes, mushrooms, onions, topped with tabasco and cheese for Master.

For me, cream o' wheat with nuts and artificial sweetener.

This isn't some slave deprivation thing, I picked my own breakfast.

Lunch:
I made grilled cheese for us.

Snack:
I tried out a new recipe, since the kids had friends over- fry bread.
It is basic bread dough balls, with yeast but not really given time to rise, deep fried in oil and then sprinkled with sugar.  Soooo unhealthy, but yummy. 

Dinner: 
I started marinating chicken thighs while I was making snack.  Olive oil, lime juice, curry powder, garlic, lemon juice, ginger, Korean hot sauce.  Wait a few hours.  Add some onion, fry it up.  Add some red bell pepper at the last few minutes and served over rice.  Also, I made salad for Master.  
He said the chicken was really good. I could have put a little more hot sauce in it, because it was flavorful but not really spicy.

In between I mowed the lawn and did a few loads of laundry, including our sheets, which got a bit soaked this morning ;). 

Yesterday, Master cooked for us, as he often does on Sundays.  He made the pancakes and did steaks on the grill.  All delicious!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...