Monday, November 7, 2016

TMI Tuesday Voting

TMI Tuesday is here:  https://tmituesdayblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/07/tmi-tuesday-november-8-2016/

Refer to any type of recent elections as you answer the following questions.

1. I think more favorably about a candidate who has family, such as a spouse and kid(s)

It makes absolutely no difference to me.
 
2. I am more likely to support a candidate who has my same religious beliefs?
  No.  But I am wary of anyone who is too much much of a true believer in any religion if their agenda is to make the laws reflect their religious doctrines.


3. I am skeptical of anyone running for any type of office if they are devoutly religious.


Oh! I already answered above, I see.  Religious is ok.  A lot of people are devout without trying to convert everyone around them. Trying to force everyone into their religious views through legislation is not ok with me.  I believe in freedom to express all religions or no religion.

4. If a candidate has a sex scandal, I will not vote for them.

It depends what sort of sex scandal (consensual or non consensual) and who their opponent is.  I'm really more interested in what policies they will pursue than whether someone had an affair.
 
5. If a candidate was involved in a sex scandal more than a decade ago:
  a. I don’t care, it will not affect my view of the candidate b. Scandal is scandal, I cannot support that candidate c. Everyone has sex, sex is not scandalous, I don’t care about a candidate’s sex life e. For me to be swayed by a candidate’s sex scandal it would have to be something huge, heinous and against humanity

I guess I'll chose e but anything non consensual is pretty huge to me.  Sending naked pictures around is not as bad as raping girls.   Having an affair with an intern is worse than having an affair with someone who does not work under you.


6. I like when candidates call each other names and get into negative verbal sparring. a. Yes – It’s exciting to know the dirt b. No – It’s a waste of time, I learn nothing about either candidate

B!!!  I hate that.  Act like adults, ya'll.
 
7. Do you vote? Why or why not?

Yes. I have always voted in just about every single election large or small.   Why?  Because it is my right and duty as a citizen, that is how I was brought up to see it.   Now, you may be thinking, "But what if your Master told you how to vote, or told you not to vote?"  I would of course obey, because I have agreed to give up all my rights to him.  But he lets me vote as I want and hasn't forced anything, although for sure his opinions do affect mine.  We talk politics quite a bit. 
 
8. When it comes to campaign ads, which kind do you respond to: a. Negative ads b. Positive ads
9. Has a campaign ever swayed your vote?
10. Do you pay attention to who placed/paid for the ad?

 I don't watch TV so I generally don't see any ads there.  There is a lot of stuff on Facebook though.  The only time ads have swayed my vote is in the smaller local elections when I don't recognize any candidate, I have occasionally gone with the yard sign decision.  If one of my neighbors always has yard signs for people I support, and they also had this guy/gal that I never heard of,  I might just support that person too if I have no other information.  I have also had small local races when I looked at the ballot, recognized nobody and went with the straight "Fuck the Patriarchy" ticket and checked all the female names.   In any sort of state or national election I get informed on the issues and candidates first (or go with my Master's opinions), but locally it can be difficult to learn anything about them.
 
Bonus: Select all that you agree with, select as many or as few as you like.
a. U.S. Presidential campaign lasts way too long
b. U.S. candidates for President waste a lot of money
c. 2016 U.S. Presidential Race is a steaming pile of poo!


I will go with a and b.  Only Trump fits with c.    
 

1 comment:

  1. 3. Excellent response

    7. Preach!

    Thanks for being a strong supporter of TMI Tuesday by playing and sharing a link back to the site.

    :-)

    -H

    ReplyDelete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...