Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Dogs Are Gaslighting Me

I always let Ben and Sprite out together at night, last thing before bed, after they have eaten their food. It's best to have a routine so I don't forget anyone when I'm tired. I'm sitting here at my computer and I hear rustling from Ben's crate, where he eats, so I think "Oh, I need to let Ben out." I go in the other room and there is Sprite in Ben's crate, and she's playing with his empty food bowl.

My sleepy fuzz brain says "I guess I already let Ben out, because he's not there. But wait, I know I let Sprite out too, because she goes out with him. But there she is. In the house. Playing with the food bowl."

Out loud, I say "Sprite, let's go out" and she follows me, because she's a dog.

Questioning the usual suspects, I found out Sprite went out the kitchen door, ran around the house and came back in the back door, because there was lightning. It all makes sense now. If I can find Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...