Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Saturday Herding Day

Saturday my Master had to work all day, and I had arranged herding lessons for 5 different dogs, with their various owners.  The best part was that one of them was owned by a friend I haven't seen in at least a decade, never mind the fact that she only lives 2 hours from here.  We just never manage to get together, though I'm usually up for it, she is busy with her own things.  But she just happened to be in town and came by to see if her dog still liked sheep.   And, hopefully, also to see me.

I was a bit worried about how my foot would hold up (I have plantar fasciatis) but I took large amounts of Vitamin I and taped the heck out of it, and I stretched a lot.  I spent about 2.5 hours walking in circles with the various dogs, and my foot did pretty well.  Some of the dogs were GREAT, and some were not really up to the job, but I think everyone had fun anyway, except probably the sheep.   (Sorry guys, but you have to earn your keep some days).   

What are you looking at?
 

2 comments:

  1. I had plantar fasciitis last winter and did the stretching, compression sock and swearing routine. Acupuncture fixed it in a couple sessions if you have access to such. I'd never been to acupuncture before, so it was kind of amazing. Love your blog - have been reading for a while, but am shy and not the comment-y type. Good luck with foot, dogs, herding and the like. Ariel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, I really appreciate it.

      Delete

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...