Saturday, February 3, 2018

High School Musical

Last night we went to the high school musical production of Fiddler on the Roof.   They played to a solidly packed auditorium and it was thoroughly enjoyable.  Some of our son's friends were in the musical and he'd done a few stints early on as stage crew making props, although he's not doing it now.   I hadn't attended a high school musical or play since I was IN high school, I'd never seen Fiddler on the Roof performed live and I think the last musical I saw live was...  I just don't remember.  

It was a full three hour show and I loved it.  

On the way home my Master mentioned how his perspective had changed.  When he was younger all his sympathy was with the daughters, and none at all with the father Tevye, who is kind of a bully who shouts a lot as well as a buffoon.   But now, he sees a lot more sympathy for a man whose traditions and world are all falling apart too quickly.   And Master had fun poking me during the parts where they talk about not giving girls their way.   Poke, poke, "Right!  All down hill after that!"

For myself, I'd always thought Tevye was a sympathetic character (I've seen the movie many times), even with his faults.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with some of our friends from the munch group, which will be fun and hopefully the roads will be ok because it is snowing today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

. You Never Know When They Will Catch Up To You

  I just made what would have been a hilarious joke on social media, if only the one other person who would get it would have been around to...